Monday, April 3, 2017

2017 Finish-A-Long :: Q1 Finishes

Goodness! I only had two projects on my Q1 Finish-A-Long list and am feeling quite the relief at having gotten them both finished!

First up was my Seattle MQG improv BOM which I was still in the process of designing at the start of the quarter. 


I ended up adding more skinny improv spikes along the left side, bringing it up to a size I was happy with (68" x 82"). Asking my guild-mate Matt Macomber/@odditease quilt it was a stroke of genius on my part, and he really brought the quilt to life. I call it Improv Alliance and still can't stop staring at it!


The Patchwork Forest quilt, using the Modern Christmas Tree block tutorial by Amy/Diary of a Quilter, very nearly did not get completed in time!


Making up the 100 blocks I needed wasn't the problem, but keeping on top of the process was. But whew! I took the last stitch in the binding on the final link-up day, and that made me a happy camper. Timing and weather didn't allow for an all-out photoshoot for my Uncommon Forest, but honestly, I'm just glad to have her done!


So now it's time to start a fresh new quarter and see what's up next!

3 comments:

  1. love them both. working on my Q2 list now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both great quilts. Congrats on the two finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow! These are beautiful quilts and congratulations on completing brilliant work. Do share how you ceated them. I am interested in making them for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete