Monday, July 11, 2016

Singleton

Ok, this was really fun. July's Mighty Lucky Quilting Club challenge with Cheryl Arkison was "One Fabric, One Quilt," and from the first block I enjoyed it immensely!


It was actually quite serendipitous, as I'd been thinking of trying a quilt using just one fabric. It was fun to try that using Cheryl's guidance, including her handy fabric-selection and design tips. I chose to make just a few sets of the suggested quarter square-triangle blocks and then filled in around them to create a basic design while still letting the overall piece do its own thing.


Quilting was done with Aurifil 50wt #2021 (Natural White) and I really enjoyed it, making a couple of spirals, and other random patterns, all trying to highlight those stripes.


As with all of my Mighty Lucky challenges, this one finished at 17" square - small in size maybe, but not in experience. Lots to think about with this one, and plenty to consider in the future.

Linking up with Finish It Up Friday!

10 comments:

  1. this is fabulous! I love your fabric choice. I haven't been doing the challenges but this one intrigues me. Might give it a whirl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric selection is fantastic for this challenge! I love how the blocks you made re-arrange the lines in the print to create a very dynamic and visually interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is neat! Puts a new meaning to a fabric puzzle. A real conversation piece. Great job of this table topper!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fun challenge ! You did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  5. You certainly rose to the challenge Debbie! This is such a great graphic design!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun, fun challenge! The fabric you choose seems so perfect for this piece...amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You chose wisely. And you did so much with it! It DOES look like you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was just about to do a quilt using one fabric for another challenge. And when I saw the challenge, I thought, 'great! one project to fulfill two challenges!' This looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like this one - love that you made only a few blocks with HSTs and then filled it the rest. Lots of interesting things going on in a small piece. I really loved working on this challenge too and I'm thinking about a few other projects using just one fabric. Who doesn't have a gorgeous print in their stash that just refuses to play nice with every other fabric you try to match it to?! :-)

    ReplyDelete