Monday, January 4, 2016

2015 Finish-A-Long: Q4 Finishes

There was a part of me that really thought I could make it happen. But a weeks-long virus that left me listless, Thanksgiving travel, Christmas prep. Well it all added up against me. So mark me down for 2/3 for my Q4 list. I'll get over it.

1. I'd made Quiet Play's Geometric Sewing Machine block late in the summer and had decided early on that I wanted to incorporate it into a sewing machine cover to fit my machine when my thread cone was on.



I made it up as I went and it actually worked!



2. I had the top of my mid-century modern Bee Sewcial quilt all pieced together when the quarter started...



and though you're probably sick of it by now, Mod Mood still feels like a pretty major accomplishment.



3. And here's where I slacked off. I only had 2 more borders for my SMQG BOM medallion quilt top. It seemed so doable. But instead of sewing on it, I wrote round-ups for the guild instead: one each on quilt backs and basting, quilting, and binding and labeling.



So with the end of the year in sight, I gave it a push last week and at least got those remaining borders on. Guess what'll be at the top of my 2016 FAL Q1 list? You got it!



Time to get going on next quarter's list! I sure hope you're joining me in the 2016 Finish-A-Long!

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Debbie! Mod Mood is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are such beautiful projects and while Mod Mood will always be one of my most favourite quilts, the others are wonderful too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all amazing projects! Thanks for sharing them!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I am torn! I thought Mod Mood was my favorite but the finished Medallion is gorgeous too in a very different way. I think that's one of my favorite things about quilting, ever project can be something very new! I like your idea of setting UFO goals by quarter, something to think on as I think about 2016 Quilting goals. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh no, I'm sorry the round ups kept you from finishing yours. They were amazing though! I'm off to figure out what all I finished in 2015 and make some goals for the FAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your Geometric Sewing machine cover Debbie and your quilts are just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your BOM medallion quilt is looking fabulous, Debbie! 2/3 still rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Debbie, Again thanks for sharing with us at A Quilter's Table. You inspire me to keep on top of my work and get things done. I also really love how your talent makes me push myself to learn more and hone my skills. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well done on 2/3....love your fabrics in your sewing machine block and your Mod Mood is stunning. Such a near finish with your medallion!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your medallion quilt is gorgeous - I'm looking forward to seeing more of that this quarter!

    ReplyDelete