Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Tuesday at the Table

It probably won't surprise you that when I heard about my son and daughter-in-law's visit to a restaurant called the table, I knew that next time we were in town, we had to go. And so last week we did!

The dining room was simple but inviting. The vibe was good, the waiter ever-so-helpful, and the menu enticing. Oh and the company? It was excellent! 

The chef's tartine (aka crostini), the mains, and oh-my-gosh the pot de crème were creative, flavorful,  and savored down to the last bite.

The biggest "ah-ha" for me was actually the first course of crusty bread and olive oil with ricotta. Honestly, I'd never heard of such a combo, but when I searched on Pinterest for it, obviously others had! Here's a couple of recipes I found if you want to try it. I know I do!
Whipped Ricotta with Lemon and Olive Oil
All in all, I loved this place. And best, of course, was sharing that terrific meal with family we don't get to see often enough. Really, there's nothing quite like it, is there?

4 comments:

  1. So that's why all of the ricotta recipes are popping up in my Pinterest feed! It does sound yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just want to thank you again for writing about Chef's Table on Netflix. I've watched each episode twice now and want to go to dine at all the restaurants. In my dreams...

    ReplyDelete