Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Paint Chip Challenge

Remember a couple of months ago when I told you about the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild Paint Chip Challenge? Well we were on vacation during the beginning of the exhibit at Seattle's Drygoods Design, and though I really meant to get there once we got home, it just didn't happen. Thanks to my guild-buddy Louise/I'm Feelin' Crafty for letting me share her photos with you!


Exhibit photos courtesy of I'm Feelin' Crafty
 
Each person was given a paint chip with one of 4 palettes - darker blues, teals, light blue-greys, or white-greys. A small number of members randomly received a bonus paint chip with yellows that they had to incorporate into their quilt. All finished quilts needed to be 18" square. In case you missed my post about it, here's my entry, Through the Looking Glass.  


There were 2 display areas in the exhibit, a 9-patch table quilt and a 49-patch wall quilt.




Aren't they cool? Here's another glance at all the quilts with their makers. I was so amazed at the variety of designs and as usual, the workmanship was exquisite. Must say, I feel pretty fortunate to be among them.

4 comments:

  1. What an interesting concept! There are certainly some amazing quilts in this display....so much to look at and take in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of making them all the same size so they can become a "quilt" on display. Filing that idea away....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the quilts, but I love the idea of multi piece wall quilt even more. It's a great display of very excellent work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. That is fantastic. There are so many wonderful, creative quilts to admire in this display (and what a fun way to display them!). Three cheers to the Seattle Modern Quilt Guild!!!

    ReplyDelete