Monday, March 17, 2014

March Bee Blocks

Bee blocks! They're done! Always a good feeling. . .

Marci/Marci Girl Designs, from the Always Bee Learning bee, asked for 2-12 1/2" Modern Maples blocks - still one of my very favorite traditional blocks, updated here with the lovely prints and low-volume backgrounds. Always Bee Learning is my one bee where we send fabric out to our bee mates, and I confess, Marci's choices was another reason these were fun. Can't wait to see this quilt!

hettie k's Always Bee Learning bee block plan for February came after I reported in last month, so I'll include them here. Hettie had us each make 3 - 6 1/2" blocks for a "hobo quilt." Mine were called "Jail" blocks.

The Mid-Century Modern Bee did Spider Web Quilt Blocks for Cindy/liveacolorfullife. Isn't this something with the low-volume centers and bright solid 'web?'

FAITH Circle had a special task this month - using Debbie/Blue.Ridge.Girl very first tutorial for Wonky Disappearing 4 Patch blocks! It is a great tutorial and I highly recommend it! You actually make two 12 1/2" blocks at once!

I saved the Darting Birds for whitney (the peacock tree) till last. These are for That Stash Bee, and instead of doing our normal 2-12 1/2" blocks, we each did 8-6 1/2" blocks, using Whitney's own tutorial which worked like a charm. She'll also have some chartreuse/emerald blocks in the mix, even though I concentrated on the orchid and aqua/turquoise. You may notice some remnants from my Pantone Challenge project. {wink, wink} These were really fun to make too.

So that's it for March! Meanwhile, I've received all my blocks back for my February FAITH Circle quilt and am excited to get that top pieced! I also need to make a plan for the Mid-Century Modern bee for April. Fun stuff.

13 comments:

  1. Gosh, you are in a lot of bees! And all so different!And pretty- love the darting birds especially! I hope you like making Maple leaves because I am thinking of having those for my turn at the MCM bee! I am also happy to have my bee blocks finished for the month, but sometimes its getting them posted off that takes the longest time of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks are all so wonderful and fresh. I really love the darting birds. I have never made this block, but maybe I will now after seeing yours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blocks! I need to make the Modern Maples. I'm off to pick out fabric today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do love the Modern Maples block. At some point I imagine making them in autumn colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your bee blocks! Lucky ladies who will receive them

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for mine, they are beautiful, and so are all the rest! I was wondering what "symbol" your hobo blocks were and yes, they do look like jail!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another great and varied block selection for the month!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those darting birds at my favorite! Nice graphic block and the colors/fabrics are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful blocks! I especially like those last ones.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You always have so many fun bee blocks going on, I don't know how you keep track of them all!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wowsa!! You sure get it done:)) gorgeous blOcks. Hope spring is headed your way:)

    ReplyDelete