Thursday, November 21, 2013

It Just Keeps Coming . . .

After sharing about cloth napkins twice last week, wouldn't you know I found some more great ones! I went ahead and created a board for them all on Pinterest, just in case you're interested.

Did you catch the tempting feathers quilt along announcement this week? Silly me, I didn't realize before that the pattern involved paper piecing, but I'm still mulling it over. At the very least it'll be fun to follow the flickr group!
feathersQALlogo

I happened upon an awesome post about barn quilts. Here's a photo of one I saw a few months back (more here). If you're as enamored with them as I am, check out the ones over at Art Gallery.


And finally, after seeing Leanne/shecanquilt and Heather/Winding Bobbins show off their matchstick quilting lately (click links to see the awesomeness), I just had to try it, even if only on a swatch. I chose some polka dot linen and variegated gray Aurifil and just went at it! Boy was it satisfying!
trying out a bit of matchstick quilting - I like!
I only made myself a simple little mug rug, but at least I got a feel for it. Kinda anxious to try it on a 'real' project, that's for sure.

Short and sweet this week, but still linking up with Really Random Thursday.

8 comments:

  1. I love that matchstick quilting, it works so well on that polka dot a fabric. Can I ask what stitch length you use for it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be checking out your napkin board, I really need to make some and I love your matchstick quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been admiring the match stick quilting too. I would love to try it on a (very) small project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw all the napkins you had pinned this week! We're a paper towel family. haha

    Thanks for the shoutout! Your mug rug is cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw the feathers quilt along. Paper piecing isn't so bad ; ) The quilt is gorgeous! Your tiny quilting is perfect

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice collection of napkins! I'd hate for them to get dirty with food though!

    I like your matchstick quilting. You and Leanne are inspiring me to give it a try. How long did the mug rug take?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun little mug rug! I am tempted by the feathers quilt a long too and I think I would participate if the holidays weren't so crazy. I am definitely looking forward to seeing what people make!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the napkin thing is sod's law ;o) Having just done my first matchstick quilting, I'm rather fond of it too now

    ReplyDelete