Monday, April 29, 2013

April Bee Blocks

The bee blocks I make each month are always such an interesting assortment, and April was no exception. For FAITH Circle, we made super simple Rail Fence blocks in one of my favorite new palettes - pink and orange, matched up with low volume prints. We left the 8 small 6 1/2" blocks 'as is' so Anita/RhubarbPatch could arrange them to her liking.
Rail Fence blocks

For the Mid-Century Modern Bee, Carlaf2 asked us to make blocks inspired by a Green Tea and Sweet Beans quilt. Our only criteria were "bright" and "texts". I was drawn to one little section of Pinwheel blocks, which ended up measuring 12 1/2" x 18 1/2".
For Carlaf2/Mid-Century Modern bee

We were given a bit of free reign in That Stash Bee too. Valerie/BetweenQuilts's request was scrappy rainbow stars on a white or low volume background. The stars could be in any size divisible by 3, so I made a 6 1/2" Ohio star variation . . .
For BetweenQuilts/That Stash Bee
And a 12 1/2" Wonky Star. Some bee members are making word blocks too, so this quilt will be a mix of the two.
Wonky Star - 12 1/2"

Lastly, for the Always Bee Learning Bee, we made paper-pieced Basketweave Braid Star blocks for Mary/QuiltGenius. She sent us a nice assortment of scrappy bits to work with. I unfortunately cut into what was intended for the backgrounds in making my braids, so I got the ok from Mary to use my own stash to finish off her scrappy block.

Meanwhile, I'm working on packing up fabric for the ABL bee to make me blocks in May! So stay tuned!

Linking up with Fabric Tuesday!

16 comments:

  1. That basket weave braid block is amazing! And of course I love my block ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. NICE blocks. Really liking that pinwheel panel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi There, such beautiful work and colors!!! Love it!!!
    Love
    AMarie

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is excatly why the Bees are so much fun :) Great blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blocks as always Debbie - especially love the brights and textys!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blocks are so bright and happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love that basket weave star block - I have not seen many like it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What colorful, cheerful blocks, Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Excellent blocks, Debbie! I love the Amitie-inspired block. What a fun idea for a bee! And of course the rainbow stars for Valerie are fabulous, too. Funny about your ABL block! I very nearly did the same thing before I saw her answer your question. Can't wait to see your plan for May!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pinwheel block, it's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely colourful fabrics. Especially like the Basket Weave Braid Star.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the Ohio Star, but all of your blocks are very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the basket braid block! I bet the finished quilt will be amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a beautiful collection of rainbow colored blocks! As always they are great!

    ReplyDelete