Tuesday, March 13, 2012

W.i.P. Wednesday

W.i.P. Wednesday sure came 'round quick this week! I do have a finish I love, but otherwise haven't accomplished much in the sewing room. sigh

Completed projects
Modern Crosses mini quilt - I admit I'm smitten with this one! Now it graces the wall of my office and just makes me happy. Finished at 48x36", I shared all about it here.

For the Love of Solids 2 - My project {see post here} was sent off last week and was happily received yesterday by Julie of Julie@DistantPickles! I am not so patiently waiting to receive my package!!

Ongoing projects
do.Good Stitches Faith Circle blocks for March - Des has asked us to make butterfly blocks using a tutorial by Mrs. Schmenkman Quilts {here}, and I at least got my blocks cut out!

Modern Blocks Bee - I got my fabric from Krista, and am considering blocks - we can made anything we want, so I'll be trying (hopefully) a couple of new-to-me blocks.

Scrappy Depression Blocks - no progress unfortunately.

4x5 modern Quilt Bee blocks - no progress - 3 more to do in short order.

Upcoming projects  
* scrappy Metrolink
a zip pouch w/o zipper tabs - want to know this way too
* A Christmas quilt to coordinate with my tree skirt
* "On a Whim" OR/& "Hopscotch"
* Table runner for my cousin
* Pattern for Mango 
* A light box
* Quilts for siblings #2 and #3


Linking up with W.i.P. Wednesday . . .

WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

24 comments:

  1. ohh Debbie, your love of solids is soo pretty- I just LOVE it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First your qwerty quilt and now the solids? My heart is beating very fast right now--they are just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your gray and yellow plus quilt - it looks great on your office wall! Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both the plus quilt and the love of solids quilt are stellar! The colors in both are perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Got to say... I LOVE your style! Grey and mustard is such a great combination and your x and + quilt is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your gray and yellow mini, it is so gorgeous - and Julie's so lucky to have received her swap package from you!! Can't wait to see what you get!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Serioulsy in love with both mini's, I wish they were gracing my office wall :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are both great photos of those excellent quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think doing what you love counts for a lot!! And it's gorgeous :)
    I can't wait to see your scrappy metrolink!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your wonky crosses and x and + superblock mini, hope your FTLOS parcel arrives soon!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the modern cross mini. I bet it looks fabulous in your office! The colours of your solids quilt are so amazing and vibrant...love, love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I just love both minis you've made! it will certainly be nice to have those modern crosses hanging on your new office wall :-) Also in love with your x and + block! The way you did those mini blocks as the center is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your grey and yellow crosses!! The quilting is perfect for it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You do beautiful work! I just love the colors in your "For the love of solids" quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely work, as always! I need to get to work on my bee blocks...I feel like March is getting away from me!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow!! loving the love of solids quilt ....very vibrant

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your cute little modern crosses! Adorable. The solids is looking lovely as well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. That little crosses mini is totally adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your for the love of solids quilt! very very cool!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your crosses mini and your solids one too - lucky Julie:)

    ReplyDelete
  21. The bright colors of your solid quilt are a feast for the eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  22. i think i am going to do modern crosses for my months in my bees... i love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great use of solids.The quilt is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete