Friday, September 9, 2011

Zip It

Ok, so I have a degree in Home Economics (though I don't think they call it that anymore), and over the years, I've made clothes for myself, my parents(!), my children. But it has been years since I've put in a zipper.

I had no idea until I started blogging that quilters are so into "zip pouches". Honestly, friends have been encouraging me along - sending me tutorial links, patterns, and zippers. I've been watching with interest the many pouches popping up on flickr and quilty blogs. They inspire me!

Soooooo, I think it's time I try one for myself. Wish me luck!
(If you have links, patterns, or photos of zip pouches that you especially enjoy, please do share!)

5 comments:

  1. Eeeps, my pouch made the mosaic! I think you just made my night, Debbie! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am certain you don't need it, but I wish you good luck anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rock those zippers out! I LOVE these little pouches! I'm feeling inspired. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how you feel. I have been putting off making my goodies for a swap because I freek out when I have to sew a zip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny I could have written that post myself! I bought two zippers today and am going to make a pouch or two. Now you've got it down - wish ME luck! :D

    ReplyDelete