Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer Sampler Series Quilt Along

Eventually, I knew I'd have to tell you. . . I joined another quilt along. Yeah, yeah, yeah. I know I'm still working on the Kaleidoscope qa, madly trying to meet the deadline for the Scrapbuster Swap, and wanting to start on a table runner for my mom. BUT when I saw this, I fell hard.
And what really put me over the edge, was I have the solids to do it! I love that it's traditional blocks in modern fabrics. Three blocks a week for four weeks, beginning today. The schedule and hosts:

Mondays - Katie of Swim, Bike, Quilt
Wednesdays - Faith of Fresh Lemons Quilts
Fridays - Lee of Freshly Pieced 
I've just been getting to know Katie lately; have been following Faith on facebook for a while, and am a huge fan of Lee due to W.i.P. Wednesdays and the Supernova qa. So having them all host this series is very exciting. Here's the fabric I'm going to use, still labeled up from my stash of Kona solids.
I've admired some 'citrus' quilts I've seen lately, so thought I'd try my hand at one. Sounds summery, huh? Obviously they represent lemon, lime, and orange . . . but also the 'cardinal' for blood orange - one of my Granny's favorites. Sooooo, now you know!

3 comments:

  1. Ooooh, this is going to be fabulous! Can't wait to see it, and glad you're joining in. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the citrus fabrics you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of a citrus colored quilt, that is going to be so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete